Monday, February 16, 2009

My Tuscaloosa area to-do list

Oftentimes I complain with others about how there isn't much to do in Tuscaloosa. But -- maybe I just like to complain. Because in actuality, I am never bored (other than when I'm at work or in class, but that unescapable -- I'm sure students from Paris to Las Vegas experience classroom boredom). Here is my current 'to do' list of the fun variety. This list doesn't include things that I have done already -- only things I'm still wanting to do. Some of these things have been on my list for awhile now -- waiting for me to find the time to go!

  • Moundville Archeological Museum. Apparently, back in the day Moundville used to be one of the largest cities in North America. I've done some research on Moundville for my job and want to see what it is all about.
  • 8 minute speed dating at Capture coffee shop. I think that this would be excellent practice for interviews. I think Craig only pretends to roll his eyes at me.
  • Birmingham Civil Rights Museum. I've lived here how long and still haven't seen this?
  • Tuscaloosa contradancers. They meet monthly or so for do-si-dos and whatnot. I somehow got on their facebook group and get updates. Seems like fun.
  • Spirits Wine Shop wine tasting. Thursdays - aparently 5 bucks lets you try a bunch of wine and get 5 dollars off a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment