Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The limbo game comes to a close. . .

Physically and emotionally draining week.  I said goodbye to most of my family this past weekend.  I said goodbye to Enterprise.  I said goodbye (briefly) to Craig for this week.  In Tuscaloosa, I desperately tried to get everything done that I planned on doing before I left.  I succeeded in finishing about half, despite the rush and long hours.  Today I said goodbye to my office and work.

Last week they replaced the sign out front.  It used to have my full name and "attorney at law" underneath Chris' info.  They replaced my name with the new associate's name.  I am totally fine with that, but it caught me by surprise.  I planned on taking a picture of it :-(

Oh well, life goes on.  Fortunately I took a picture when they put the sign up last year. . . now I just have to find that picture. . . I swear one day I will actually start and complete that scrapbook.  It'll be huge.

My mom is having a rough time right now.  She is getting interferon treatment for her melanoma.  Although they removed the tumor and didn't find any more spots on her organs or lymph nodes, this treatment is supposed to diminish the chances of it returning (since the nodule on her skin was so large it has a high risk of returning).  She is currently staying at the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge, and receiving the interferon medication five days a week.  The side effects are nausea, weakness, flu-like symptoms, depression, fever, etc. etc.  We knew those were side effects, but I guess we didn't expect them to be so severe and sudden.  It isn't normal to see my mom down and out and not trying to make the best of the situation.  I hope these next few weeks go by quickly for her.

And to end on a positive note, one of my cases settled today before I left, I do not have to go to work tomorrow, I see Craig tomorrow, and I can FINALLY start this new phase of life.  Very soon, no more limbo.  Starting to go forwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment