Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello 2011

I promise to be nice to you, 2011.
Unless you are mean to me first.  Then I have to reconsider.

I don't have any New Year's Resolutions.  I tend to break them.

I am currently sitting at Bruegger's Bagels.  They just gave me (in return for my offer of money) a sesame bagel slathered with cream cheese.  If I had made any New Year's Resolutions, this exchange would have broken at least one of them.

I will pick up Craig from his work in about an hour and a half.  I will take him to the airport.  (He flies to DC for a work conference thing).  Then, I will go to my new workplace, and formally sign my offer letter.

Hello Corporate World.  I start next Monday.

This is going to be a different year.  Introducing a new corporate world, a commute, and hopefully, a couple of rabbits.


These kind, New Zealand Rabbits.

Craig has been thinking about starting our own rabbitry.  I got on board after eating rabbit stew yesterday.  It was good.  More on that later.  We purchased the rabbit from Stop and Save.  It was incredibly expensive, like 15 bucks a pound.  It tasted like chicken.  

Of course, there are obstacles to raising rabbits.  We have to get the OK from the landlord.  We have to find the rabbits.  And then, there are costs to having a rabbitry. 

Craig's chickens and Rachelle's rabbits.  

I like alliteration.  

Rabbits before chickens, though.  Apparently they are easier to deal with.  Baby steps to homesteading.  

2011 = corporate world by day, farmer by night and weekend.  

I'm going to go crochet now.     

No comments:

Post a Comment