Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yard Sale Success

The yard sale was a success!

We advertised that our sale would last from Friday -- Saturday, and sold out (practically) by Friday at 11:30 a.m.  We even had three people come by our house on Thursday afternoon and purchase a few things.  I think the success has a large part to do with our location (we are at the corner of a major road), our prices (10 cents, anyone?), and the help of my sister Jennifer.

My sister Jennifer came down Thursday to help us.  We could not have done it without her.  She brought a set of fresh eyes and helped organize things.  Friday morning, we started moving our stuff out around 5:30, and people were at our place around moved our stuff out bright and early, and had people coming up to the sale a good 1.5-2 hours early.  I helped with the sale as long as I could, but had to leave and get to work.  Four hours and about $300.00 later, two boxes of random stuff was left.

It was an interesting experience.  We met some neighbors that we haven't met yet.  Got rid of a lot of stuff, and didn't have to haul it off.   I'm glad we didn't have to hold the sale on Saturday, too, but I hope no one made any changes in their schedule only to find that it was cancelled.

Now to finish packing.  We move in 2 weeks.  Craig leaves for Boston soon after.  I can't wait to join him. I've been doing a lot of job seeking and soul searching.  It seems like I can't do one without the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment