Sunday, August 22, 2010

Great News

So my mom had more tests on Thursday morning, and they told us Friday morning that the masses in her liver are not cancerous.  Apparently mom is one of the 5% of females who are born with some sort of benign liver mass (can't remember the proper name, I just focused on the BENIGN part).  So even if the lymph node that was removed turns out to be cancerous, the prognosis for someone with melanoma spread to the lymph nodes is infinitely better than when melanoma has spread to the liver.  And, there is a good chance that it hasn't spread to the lymph nodes, at all.  We'll find that out this week.

Hospital waiting areas are funny places.  There were about 10 people waiting on mom.  My immediate family, my grandparents, some friends of my grandparents who drove them here from Mississippi, and a friend from church who was in the Birmingham area this weekend and stopped by.  We were at the hospital waiting for about 8 hours.  I am not sure if my nerves were just not holding up, or if I was PMSing, but I was getting very annoyed at everyone.  Too much emotions and not enough comfortable seating.  Regardless, a lot of relief on Friday.

I've been in Enterprise this weekend.  I need to do some work, which I am hoping to get done this morning.  I miss Craig a lot!  I didn't think I'd miss him like this.  6 more weeks.  

1 comment: