Sunday, August 8, 2010

Update, Moving & Melanoma & Missing

The moving update will have to happen in an additional post.  I've been staying away from the internet (mostly) these past few weeks trying to get everything ready for the move.  I've heard people say moving is the third most stressful thing in life, behind death and divorce.  I believe it.  Fortunately for us, though, is that we are wanting to move, excited to move, so this event is filled with hope which offsets some of the stress.

We finished packing (two days late), Craig drove the 16' Penske truck up to Boston, had the help of his brother to unload, and is now safely in upstate New York visiting his family.  We have a brand new baby niece that Craig is getting to visit, and I'm jealous I can't be there to see her.  I realized after the wedding, that I am now an Aunt.  Pretty cool.

Got some bad news about my Mom.  She had a lump removed from her back recently, and they biopsied it and found it was melanoma.  She is going in for some tests in Birmingham on Wednesday, and will talk with the doctor on Thursday.  I'm trying not to worry about things too much until she speaks with the doctor on Thursday.  It is very hard to not to think about things.  Another reason why I'm trying to avoid the internet lately.  Webmd and google are not helping.  Jennifer and I are home this weekend trying to clean out Jennifer's old room to make it more guest bedroom friendly.  Mom started telling us about things she wants us to have if something ever happens to her.  I don't want to even think about it. 

I miss Craig.  A lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment