Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Instability

After getting rear ended (by a freakin uninsured driver who didn't seem to care) I went to the car rental company to get a car to use while my car was being repaired.  They asked me my name, and I paused.  Legally, I am still a Toomey.  Socially, I am a Greczyn.  Soon, I will legally change my name, but I haven't yet.  I feel very awkward when I pause and think for a bit before I can say my name.  But I don't know what to put!  I kind of stumbled and and went back and forth on it -- Greczyn, umm, I mean, Toomey.  Yeah. 

After I gave the rental car lady my name, she proceeded to ask me my address.  Hmmm.  Another pause.  I no longer live at my old address.  I am living with some friends for a few weeks, but I don't know what their address is.  My parents live across the state, and their address won't really work.  Craig just moved to Boston, and has a mailing address, but I feel like if I give the rental car company an out of state address they will really think something is up.  I start to just make up an address, but then I figure I should just go with what I've been used to -- my old address. 

I think the rental car lady thought I was either slow or on medications.  "Name" and "Address" should not be difficult pieces of information to give to someone. 

My mom is having surgery on her back and lymph nodes on Friday.  She'll have a biopsy soon to find out if the mass in her liver is cancerous or not.  It's been hard to focus at work, with Craig gone, all this with my mom, everything is uncertain and up in the air.  Nothing seems stable. 

1 comment:

  1. Rachelle, I'm praying for you and your family. Please let me know if I can help you with anything. If you ever need a ride, holla :)

    ReplyDelete