Monday, June 14, 2010

Camping

Random piece of advice, don't go camping in the woods with no running water when you are coming down with a urinary tract infection.

Otto and I did survive, though. He came away with only 2 ticks (one dead and stuck, one alive and crawling). I only had two ticks. (both stuck -- eww). I made Craig drive me back while crying outside the tent only once (Friday night -- when the uti decided to rear its head -- I came back to the woods Saturday). I think the only reason I came back was out of love. It had to be. Though it probably would have been better for both of us (and Otto) had I stayed at home. Tents and ticks are not my thing, I've decided. Roughing it is cool, if there is some sort of grander purpose. Mission trip roughing it because you are doing work for others, cool. Visiting foreign (or not so foreign) places and roughing it because campsites are more budget friendly, cool. Loading up a car with enough water, food, wine, beer, and a blow up air mattress only to drive 40 miles and sleep outside in no air conditioning? No thanks. I like my nature in 3 to 4 hour trips.

Maybe next time, when I'm not sick.


No comments:

Post a Comment