Monday, June 28, 2010

I need to dance!

I think confidence really is what gets you to places you want to go.  I want to be good at my job, at my career.  But unless I have the confidence to go forward boldly, I'll second guess every decision and move.  And then I'll just end up going around in circles.

I'm starting to feel more confident, and I'm starting to enjoy what I am doing.  But I still have a lot of doubts and timidity.   No good.

Laura's husband Joey suggested that we try Brazilian Jujitsu to gain confidence.  He said that as your body physically becomes more skilled and strong, and as your mind becomes more able to anticipate your opponent's move, your confidence increases in other areas of your life.

I could try jujitsu.  But, I'm thinking I would rather dance.  I've noticed that when I drive home for lunch in the middle of the day, and blast an upbeat song, my attitude changes.  I wonder if learning the technical side of dance would give the same effect as learning jujitsu.  I feel like I can always learn more law, but it doesn't matter how much I learn -- without confidence I'm nothing.

So, in the words of Josh Turner, "why don't we just dance?"

No comments:

Post a Comment