Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend

After work on Friday, Craig and I headed to Bonnie's parents' lake cabin. We caravaned to the lake with friends from Tuscaloosa and met up with friends who used to live in Tuscaloosa. Although we were only there about 20 hours, it was fantastic.

Weird to me, that everyone at Bonnie's lived in Tuscaloosa a year ago. In about 3 months, no one will be left. We are all leaving! Some to DC, some to NYC, some already in Birmingham and Montgomery, and Craig and I to Boston. It was good to spend time with everyone, especially since now I am so aware of how little time we have remaining in Alabama.

After eating and playing games, and watching Michaelito try to walk, some of us ended up in the lake at around 1am. It was the latest I've stayed up in awhile. It was perfect. The water was warm -- you could even see the steam rising up from the water and making a mist over the lake. The moon was full, and the clouds in the sky created a mist effect that blended into the mist from the lake. The whole effect was that the lake looked like a scene from Twilight (not that I've seen Twilight, yet. . .) It wasn't scary, though. Just incredibly peaceful.

I wanted to post a video I took of little Michael learning to walk. . . blogger does not seem to be my friend today, though :-( bleh



No comments:

Post a Comment